Today I'm excited to share a recipe from the new "The Skinnytaste Cookbook" by my friend Gina Homolka creator behind the blog Skinnytaste. I first met Gina in last year when we were in Minnesota visiting the Target headquarters with the then Target Inner Circle. I had a great time sharing stories and talking photography with her so when she told me her cookbook was coming out of course I had to get my hands on one! The Skinnytaste Cookbook is filled with recipes light on calories and big on flavor. The photography is beautiful and I can't wait to try all the dishes – I've already started bookmarking my favorites. Today I'm giving you a chance to win your very own copy as well – keep reading for details!
This would be a great appetizer or snack. I like them straight out of the oven paired with some warm marinara. The outside breading gives a great little crunch and garlicy cheesy goodness.
If you're looking for ideas for healthy dishes Gina has you covered! To enter for you chance to win a copy of The Skinnytaste Cookbook – log in with your facebook or email below, you will be prompted with a few different ways to enter! To gain additional entries and increase your chances of winning the prize, you can do one or all of them – and if you already follow just enter your info and you'll get automatic entries.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Be sure to pick up your copy of The Skinnytaste Cookbook today!
BAKED ZUCCHINI STICKS recipe by skinnytaste | print this recipe!
4 medium Zucchini, cut each into 16 sticks (about 1/4in sticks)**
3 large Egg Whites
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup Seasoned Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 Garlic Powder
freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425º. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a small, season egg whites with salt and black pepper and beat well. In a medium shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, and garlic powder.
3. Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg white and then into the bread crumbs, turning to coat well.*
4. Place the breaded zucchini sticks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and spray the tops with more oil
5. Bake until golded brown and tender in the center, 23-25 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
** clearly I can't follow directions my zucchini sticks are about 1/2 thick ;)
PHOTOS BY JENNIFER CHONG