sweet potato fries are my jam! but i've been eating them a lot lately and wanted to change it up. so here is my take on the carrot fries, it's obviously not quite the same but pretty tasty!
CARROT FRIES print this recipe!
2lbs of carrots
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon of cumin
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
2 chipotle chilies
1 teaspoon of chipotle seasoning
1. preheat the oven to 400 degreesº. peel carrots and cut into 1/4 inch strips and place in a bowl.
2. add the olive oil and seasonings to the bowl of carrots and toss until all the carrots are coated.
3. spread carrots over a baking sheet on a thin layer and bake for 20 mins.
4. while carrots are baking – make the chipotle mayo i followed this mayo recipe and blended together 2 chipotle chilies and 1 teaspoon of chipotle seasoning.
5. once carrots are tender and slightly brown remove from oven and serve!
PHOTOS BY JENNIFER CHONG