fall is officially here – it feels good to be back at home after being away for two weeks. i've missed the cool la temperatures, but this morning i think i felt the cool fall crisp air and it was quite lovely. i've been scouring the stores for pumpkin but i have yet to find anything... long beach friends, where can i find it!? i just want to make a bunch of pumpkin flavored things asap. i don't recall ever being so excited about pumpkins! okay well enough about that, this week in lieu of pumpkin flavored things i decided to make a blueberry banana pancake. these are super delicious, fluffy and perfect for the weekend brunch.
BLUEBERRY BANANA PANCAKES print this recipe!
INGREDIENTS 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup full fat coconut milk
2 ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup blueberries
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw honey
maple syrup and fruit for topping (optional)
1. sift together all dry ingredients
2. in a bowl whisk together coconut milk, mashed banana, eggs, honey and vanilla.
3. combine the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. once combined fold in blueberries.
4. preheat a pan and coat with cooconut oil (you can use butter too) once hot, spoon out two tablespoons of batter to make small pancakes, flip after 3 mins – cook each side (ususally first side longer than the 2nd)
5. serve with maple syrup and top with blueberries and bananas!
PHOTOS BY JENNIFER CHONG | RECIPE ADAPTED FROM PALEO SPIRIT