have you guys seen p.f. chang's new summer menu? the summer vegetable quinoa 'fried rice' that's topped off with an egg looks amazing and i'd really like to have the heirloom tomato and thai basil salad for lunch today. everything from their summer menu looks light and refreshing and of course, asian inspired meals are always some of my favorite.
p.f. chang's invited me to create a summer dish inspired by some of their summer seasonal ingredients. how could i say no? so many wonderful things like mangos, avocados, and pineapple! i swear i could put those into any meal and be really happy.
growing up my mom wasn't much of the cook, my dad did most of the cooking in the house, but every now and then my mom would make egg rolls and spring rolls and she would let my sister and i help. it was one of my favorite things to do. i always wanted to wrap every roll perfectly. today i decided to share with you a mango shrimp summer roll i created with some of these tasty summer ingredients. it's easy to make and quite refreshing on a warm summer day!
MANGO SHRIMP SUMMER ROLL print this recipe!
1-2 peel carrots
1 cup of purple cabbage
18 cooked shrimp (deveined and tails off)
6-8 spring roll skins
1. cut avocado, mango, cucumber, carrots and cabbage into slices - no longer than 3.5 inches (to ensure that it will fit the spring roll skin properly!)
2. having all of your ingredients near by – dip one of the spring roll skins into warm water for 3 seconds and remove. the skin will still be slightly rigid but don't worry it will soften as you work.
3. layer the ingredients in the lower middle section of the spring roll skin starting with the shrimp first
4. fold the bottom half of the skin over the filling, then fold in the sides, and continue rolling tightly to the end. (see photo reference above)
5. enjoy right away or cover with plastic wrap until ready.
i would love to see your favorite summer creations inspired by their summer menu. pin your favorite ingredients and use three of those items to create a dish of your own, share a picture on pinterest with the #pfcsummer for a chance to win! read all the details for the contest here.
+ THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY P.F. CHANG'S. ALL CONTENT, IDEAS, AND WORDS ARE MY OWN. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! +
PHOTOS BY JENNIFER CHONG