i love potato chips but of course they aren't always the most healthy go-to snack. after saving countless recipes i'm finally taking the time to make some of those delicious eats from my recipe box. im a big fan of sweet potatoes and sometimes actually even prefer them over regular potatoes – these baked sweet potato chips are easy to make and yummy snack!
SWEET POTATO BAKED CHIPS WITH ORANGE AND THYMYE adapted from melangery
2 sweet potatoes
4-5 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of blood orange zest (if you like the zesty flavor add more! you can also use a regular orange too)
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of thyme
1. preheat oven to 325º
2. using a mandoline slicer slice the sweet potato into thin rounds
3. in a small bowl mix olive oil, thyme, orange zest + juice together.
4. toss sliced potatoes in olive oil mixture - make sure pieces are evenly coated.
5. on a baking sheet, place potato slices in a single layer – you will need multiple baking sheets for all of the potatoes or wait till one rack is clear
6. sprinkle with salt and bake until edges are golden brown, about 20 mins.
7. allow chips to cool and serve!
PHOTOS BY JENNIFER CHONG