if you follow me on instagram you know that i did a lot of cooking last weekend. with the amount of traveling i have been doing it's been hard to cook as often but i do love to when i get the chance. since i got a few request i thought i would share some of the things i made on the blog starting with this apple tart! it was super easy to make, and highly recommend it for anyone who wants to bring something nice to a party but doesn't want to spend all day in the kitchen!
THE EASIEST APPLE TART recipe adapted from the pioneer woman
1 sheet of puff pasty cut in half (you can find this in the frozen dessert section)
4 cored apples - skin on
1 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin spices
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. let the puff pasty sit for 25 mins so its easy to touch.
2. preheat your oven for 400º
3. thinly slice all of the apples, i used a mandolin slicer to get nice thin cuts.
4. mix the apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together and let it sit fo a few minutes.
5. cut puff pasty in half (if you prefer less puff part you could cut in three parts) and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
6. arrange apple slices along the puff pastry in a line stacking the apples as you go.
7. place in the oven for 20 mins or until golden brown.
8. remove pan and transfer to serving platter, top it with some powdered sugar (and ice cream, caramel or whipped cream!) and serve!
PHOTOS BY JCHONG STUDIO