one of my favorite things about fall is pumpkin. i'm a big fan of everything pumpkin. pumpkin latte, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin pie.. the list goes on. so when i was reading sprouted kitchens cookbook i was inspired by sara's pumpkin pecan granola. decided to create my own paleo friendly version and i think it turned out pretty great. for those of you who follow paleo or just avoiding grains, i think you will like this recipe too!
PUMPKIN PALEO 'GRANOLA' recipe inspired by sprouted kitchen
2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 can of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup golden raisins
1. preheat oven to 325º
2. in a large mixing bowl combine coconut oil, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie and whisk to combine.
3. add in the pecans, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds and stir until evenly coated.
4. spread the mixture onto a baking sheet, keeping some of the clusters intact.
5. bake 'granola', scoop the mixture from the edges of the pan every so often and continue for about 35-45 mins or until light dry brown.
6. remove from oven and allow 'granola' to cool then toss in the raisins.
PHOTOS BY JCHONG STUDIO