earlier this month i finally got around to roasting some chicken i got from primal pastures. it was a hot weekend in so-cal and the oven temperatures didn't help the heat in my home but i really did enjoy making this. it was my first time butterflying a chicken but it was pretty easy!
FALL INSPIRED ROASTED CHICKEN recipe inspired from deliciously organic
6 tablespoons of ghee at room temperature
3 tablespoons of fresh thyme
5 garlic cloves minced
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 large red onions cut into wedges
1 bunch of carrots
1 butternut squash cut into squares
1. preheat oven to 450º and adjust rack to the middle.
2. butterfly chick and pat dry set aside.
3. mix 4 tablespoons of ghee, fresh thyme, minced garlic and salt. lift the skin and rub herbed butter onto the chicken.
4. season chicken with salt and pepper.
5. mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee with the onion wedges, carrots and squash.
6. place chicken on roasting pan and add vegetables around.
7. roast for 30 mins then rotate the pan and roast for another 30.
8. remove from oven and allow chicken to rest before serving.
PHOTOS BY JCHONG STUDIO